Skip to content

Rug Update

January 24, 2010

A few weeks ago, I mentioned that I was making a crocheted floor rug. Pictured above is my progress.

The whole process is fairly easy, but two challenges have arisen:

1). I didn’t gauge the beginning circle, so the rug is beginning to buckle under the weight of the heavy yarn. It is still fairly flat, however (my foot is there just so you can know its relative size), so I’m hoping it will somehow flatten itself out, or I could crochet a few increases in it to get it to lay flat.

2). I’m running out of fabric yarn! I didn’t realize how much I would need when I started, and especially couldn’t calculate how much I’d need for a full rug. I’m toying with the idea of making some out of  fabric scraps, but haven’t really been in the mood to tackle this time-consuming task. I purchased the fabric yarn I did use from a thrift store, so I’ll most likely try to find some again there. If you happen to be at a thrift store and see some strips of fabric lying around (probably wherever the yarn is placed), let me know!

I haven’t resumed working on this rug in about two weeks, but I really do want to finish it — it was, after all, one of my New Year’s Resolutions. Also on this year’s to-do list is to make curtains. The whole bedsheet look isn’t so hot in 2010 :)

Advertisements
One Comment leave one →
  1. Mercy permalink
    July 17, 2010 8:15 pm

    Lol the last photo made me laugh i remember once using a blanket to protect my room from the early sunlight a couple of summers back.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: